Fort Worth Scale Modelers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tamiya A1 Skyraider or Frank??

2 posters

Go down

Tamiya A1 Skyraider or Frank?? Empty Tamiya A1 Skyraider or Frank??

Post  RESlusher Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:59 pm

I'm finally breaking down and looking at building a "pretty bird" instead of a target!

I'm looking at two Tamiya kits: the A1 Skyraider and the Japanese "Frank" fighter. Any of you guys built either one of these? I need an expert opinion. Surely someone has one!!

Richard
RESlusher
RESlusher

Back to top Go down

Tamiya A1 Skyraider or Frank?? Empty Frank and Skyraider

Post  skyboi01 Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:55 am

Richard, I haven't built the Tamya Skyraider but have looked at the kit up close and also as built. Typical Tamiya quality and fit. Very nice.

The Ki-84 is one of may favorite airplanes. Here is a nice review of the 3 Frank kits. http://modelingmadness.com/scotts/axis/j/84comp.htm. I have the Tamiya Frank and the Otaki version and I prefer the Otaki kit even though it is much older. Those Otaki folks were way ahead of the game! The Tamiya kit is an old school release and is pretty basic. Cockpit is weak at best. The Hasegawa is a modern kit with all the details we've come to expect. Of course, you pay for this quality:>

Cheers,
Paul

skyboi01

Back to top Go down

Tamiya A1 Skyraider or Frank?? Empty Re: Tamiya A1 Skyraider or Frank??

Post  RESlusher Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:46 am

Paul,

I've got the Tamiya Ki-84 "Frank" prop action kit. It's been a while since I've done an aircraft though. I'm gonna use this one and maybe another before moving up to my big B-29 that my wife bought me for our anniversary.
RESlusher
RESlusher

Back to top Go down

Tamiya A1 Skyraider or Frank?? Empty Re: Tamiya A1 Skyraider or Frank??

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down