Fort Worth Scale Modelers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eureka, other model builders in the area!

2 posters

Go down

Eureka, other model builders in the area! Empty Eureka, other model builders in the area!

Post  bigarv65 Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:39 pm

After a hiatus of nearly 26 years, I am picking up the glue, paint, and plastic and want to build models again! Unfortunately it seems like there are very few in the DFW area that do, as my mission to find a REAL hobby store has been fruitless. I would rather buy from a store where I can get my hands on the product than to buy online and hope I'm getting what I want, and S&H on top of that. Unexpectedly my search has also unearthed this fine site: an actual modelers group right here in Fort Worth.
And I see that I am missing February's meeting as I type this, but no worries, I just got off work a little while ago anyway.

So with the prelims out of the way: I am a father of 2 living in Saginaw, TX, and have lived in this area since 2004, when I retired from the Army out of Fort Hood. I currently work at FedEx, and am generally making ends meet like most people are right now.

I have probably all the plastic I need right now, but am in short supply of paints, thinners, and some tools. Any leads to some good sources would be greatly appreciated. I have been to Hobby Lobby, and they have some things I need, but you know how it is...

Hmm, finally, my modelling directions as best as I can tell:
Grade school - Everything: armor, hot rods, ww2 planes
Middle school - SciFi (Star Wars changed my world)
High School - SciFi and Armor
Army Private: - Armor
Now: - Everything! LOL, well, hot rods and dragsters, a Flying Wing, and some SciFi

But we'll see how it goes.

Anyway, drop me a line and let me know who, what, when, where, and how. I see also on fsm online that a show is coming to Arlington in Sep? Is this so? It would be my first, ever.

Cheers, and hope to connect soon,

Arvel Perry

Eureka, other model builders in the area! New-213

bigarv65

Back to top Go down

Eureka, other model builders in the area! Empty Re: Eureka, other model builders in the area!

Post  RESlusher Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:21 pm

Arvel,

Yes we do have our own show coming up in September. The theme of this year's show is the 20th Anniversary of Desert Shield / Desert Storm. As a Desert Shield / Desert Storm vet myself I'm really looking forward to it.

Hope to see you at the next meeting!

Richard S.
RESlusher
RESlusher

Back to top Go down

Eureka, other model builders in the area! Empty Re: Eureka, other model builders in the area!

Post  bigarv65 Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:15 am

Wow, how time flies. Last April my wife and I had a life changing event, and it's taken this long to get back to something close to normal. And picking back up where I left off with models is one of those things I'll be making normal around my house.

I hope to see and meet you all at the show in September. It will be a first for me, and though I don't have anything ready to show, I will be enjoying the company. I have hooked up with the What-If community board and Starship Modelers, mainly because that's my genre. But hopefully I can make it to a few meetings over the coming year and be a part of things.

You can hear crickets chirping around here...!

See you at the show,

Arvel

bigarv65

Back to top Go down

Post  RESlusher Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:21 am

Looking forward to seeing you there Arvel!

We've got a club meeting coming up this coming Monday. You should try to come. See the web page for details.

Richard S.
RESlusher
RESlusher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down